Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 30 - Beautiful Braga

MY FAMILY E MINHAS AMIGAS! 

OLá!!!

I have been TRANSFERED! I´m in Braga which is Porto North, Closer to France and Spain!!! 
Woot Woot! 
I have not one but TWO new Colegas. Yes I´m am in a tripla. More people more the fun! both from different countries. Sister Antunes is from Quembra, Portugal and Sister Warburton is from Nottingham, England. Both are Brilliant! - as sister Warburton would put it. 
This is Sister Wartburton´s  last transfer here on the mission! She is an AMAZING missionary. So is Sister Antunes. Sis Antunes is waiting for her Visa to serve her mission in São Paulo West, Brazil so she´s stickin with me and Sis Warburton until then. 
Alsooo. Sister Antunes doesn´t speak English so that means I´m speaking Portuguese all day everyday 24/7 with these two. I love it! 
I feel so blessed and am grateful for them everyday! They´ve help my language skills grow like wild fire! 

Also new area, Braga, Portugal.... It´s like my dream city. It doesn´t stink, people are really open, it has MOUNTAINS!!! whattt??? and my Ward here in Braga is UNreal. They are so strong and united with the missionaries. and it´s huge!!! 
This is a note for you all to take.... Help the missionaries. Be available to teach with them if you can,  it will be such a blessing I promise!

Weather here.... Summer has arrived!! One day it was freezing cold wool beanie, scarves and gloves to next day blazing!  I have never been so hot and it´s not even their real summer yet!! also we don´t have a bus pass here! I have to walk now. ha poor sister baird. but really I have never had so many new blisters and achy feet by the end of the night until I´ve arrived in this beautiful city. 
We have a motto that we have to earn our pillow every night and in this area I´m definitely learning the meaning of that. 

We have had so many wonderful experiences this week. With just opening our mouths and also having a native with us is such a blessing. I´m a little homesick for Lisboa, I just want to make sure everyone´s okay and keeping their covenants back there but I know that they´ll use their agency wisely and will continue to endure. I´ll also be calling them everynow and again just to check up on them :) 

alright first experience here in Braga.... 
We went to a members house to have pasta and the member warned me that she had a CRAZY dog but that I shouldn´t worry because she´s keep it locked up in a room... so I just said alright sure.. and then later on while we´re eating dinner the member had to get up and grab something from that room.... 
All I here when she opens the door is "Nossa Maeryo!" and a dog barreling down the hallway. 
and next thing I know this huge dog jumps on my lap, tongue stretched all the way out and licks all of my spaghetti off my plate! haha 
Tudo suave :) 

I LOVE MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! you are all amazing!!!! Thank you for all of your emails and love and prayers!!! I´m going to work my very hardest for our savior and secondly for all of you. 

Always remember what your savior has done for you and repent Everyday!!! none of us are perfect but we can be perfected through the Atonement. Alma 7 11-12 

Please, please pray for these people when you get a chance :) 
Amelia, Sergio, Andreia, Elsa, Conseição, Das Barbosas, and Marta! 

Com tudo de minha coração, 

Sister Bairgey

No comments:

Post a Comment