Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 7 - Portugal, I'm Here!!

Toi!!! Bem Vindos!!!!!!
I´m Here finally!!!!!
The first night we stayed at the presidents home and his wife sister Fluckiger (floo-key-gur) took the sisters to one of the castles they have! All of the castles and buildings are so beautiful.
All of the roads are cobblestone and so are the sidewalks.
Everything looks so antique and painted in different colors. Each house is either yellow, blue, red or green. and everything inside is either tile or wood!
Also everywhere you go is a hill!! It´s all walking and everyone lives in an apartment with a ton of flight of stairs so I know I will get good calfs by the end of this.
 
The first day I got here Sister Hayes, my new companion taught me all the missionary ways! I still have a lot to learn but it´s been great these last 4 days!
 
My first assignment is Lisboa, Portugal!!!! In an area called Lapa. It´s kinda of how Draper is in the Salt Lake county and whenever we go out of town we always say we´re live in Salt Lake... that´s how Lapa is.
So I live in the middle of a city!! It´s absolutely gorgeous here!!!
I also live by the ocean so when we get to the top of a hill I get to take a second to breath and look at the gorgeous view!
 
My only problems since I´ve been here are.... talking to people.... and knowing what everyone is saying.
haha.. I can kind of get words here and there that I learned at the MTC but I am so slow at speaking and the second I open my mouth, eveyone can tell I´m from America and tries to talk to me in English!!!
 
On Friday night I was trying to talk to this man... he could tell I spoke English so he started talking to me in English and in my head I thought Yes!! I´m going to tell him about the gospel in English ... I started talking to him and he could barely get anything out of what I was saying and after I was done talking he tried to talk to me into spend money on something.
and I thought afterwards if it´s his own language he can understand the truth of my message more fully.
 
Lesson learned... I was called to Portugal by a prophet to speak Portuguese not English.
 
In other news...
 
This is my miracle of the week.
Me and minya colega were on the bus going to another place in our Area..
and I wanted to practice teaching so she was pretending to be an investigator and all of a sudden this man in a nice collared button up shirt turns around and goes:
"You are missionaries?"
Sim, somos missionaries para de Igreja de Jesus Cristo." and he says 
"I have been so unhappy... My wife is unhappy and I´m unhappy will you please help me?"
So we talked to him a little bit about how we can help him... gave him a restoration pamphlet and he went on his way and we´re seeing him tonight!! I can´t wait to help him.
 
This church will bring us eternal happiness and joy.
 I want to share it with the whole world and bring many other this great happiness of the gospel and know of the amazing eternal truths :)
 
This week has been a little harde for me because never in my life have I wanted to share something so badly that is so dear to my heart and not knowing how to do so.
I try so hard and when I do noone still knows what I´m saying. Pray for me please!!
 
I love you all so much!!! thank you for all of the love... I appreciate it all so much! know that I love you all so much and I pray about you every night!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment