Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 8 - The Gift of Tongues

Miragles.... 

Hello!!! First off I want to say how much I love you all and I know you´re all doing amazing things!!! 

You are all always in my prayers! 

This week has been sooooo greaat.....

Miracle of the week : This past week and a half we´ve been trying to get a hold of and find this family who was a reference and after a couple times of trying to get a hold of them we went to their house and they finally let us in to talk to them. 
I guess the son of this family lives in Brazil and had been baptized so he called the church to have us come talk with the rest of his family. 

They are Catholic but everyone here is. So we (Sister Hayes mostly) talked to them about the restoration of the gospel and about priesthood authority returning on the earth. They were being so receptive so we marked them to be baptized and then all of a sudden the mom started to talk about how great the catholic church was... That´s when I piped up to say what I could.. 

I don´t speak this language at all well and whenever I teach a lot of time I can tell the family couldn´t understand me but I bore my testimony anyways of this gospel to the family after the mom was done talking and the mom started crying! The spirit was so strong at that moment and everyone in the room could feel it. The mom told us after she could talk again that when we came up to the door she said "ok God I´m going to let these two girls up here and I´m trusting you" 

She could feel the truthfulness of what we said. We asked them if they would read Moroni and pray about it and come to church with us!  
They came to church with us yesterday and are praying too. I´m so excited for them to come to General Conference next week!

After teaching them the first lesson I was trying to remember what I said to them...  I remember what I said but I have no idea how I said it!!! I was trying to go over the vocabulary of what I said in Portuguese that night when we got home and I have no idea how I did it- I didn´t know the words!!!  

It wasn´t me that was talking I know that. the gift of tongues is real and I´m so blessed to have this family to teach them the gospel and prepare them for the waters of baptism.


I love this gospel and am so happy I can be apart of the Lord´s work! 

~Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment