Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 9 - General Conference and Self Defense....

GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! 

okay this week!! was one of the greatest.... 
I get more and more at home the more I´m here and my love for the people here in Portugal grows by. thee. hour!!! 

and this weekend, general conference was amazing na, eh? 
How great is the love from our Heavenly Father he gave us Apostles and a Prophet on the earth. And this Gospel!!!.... It Blesses my life EVERY second!!!! 
There is no time in my life that I have ever been closer to my savior than ever before and I have never been more happy in my life than right now! 
And the more I´m on my mission the more I will work on becoming even closer to Christ! What a blessing. 
I don´t know what I did to deserve to be born into this gospel.... but I am grateful every second of every day for it!! Thank you mom and Mike for bringing me up into this gospel!!! 

Alright... 
This week... Maria and Cintia are going to be baptized!!!!! (Our family we talked to last week with a son who is in the church) Their son/brother from Brazil is going to get money to come to Portugal and baptize them. :) I´m so happy for them!!! Hoorah for Israel!!! 

One scary thing.... and me and sister Hayes have concluded that this is why brothers are not allowed to come on a mission with us... We went to another part of our area called Compolede and it´s a little bit sketchy.... 

any way I walked up the stairs and there was a ton of group of older men who were very intoxicated. ...
They saw us and just started acting like animals!!!! 
Seriously. they were barking!! and making other strange noises. I think our dog Maddie acts better than these group of men. My comp hurried and walked as fast as she could through them and then all of a sudden this guy stands in front of me! 
So I just shoulder my way through and he grabbed onto my hand! I had to basically fling him away like a fly.  I learned a lesson, I have my umbrella with me because it´s been raining a lot here and I´m just going to open it on someone next time.... Self defense. 
Gotta do whatchya gotta do. 


This week our appointments with our investigators have been falling through. One appointment we walked to for our lesson with a man named Pedro.... We got there and he wasn´t there.....
We started walking away My comp which I didn´t really notice all of a sudden admitted to me that she has been super stressed the passed couple of days because she feels like we haven´t been talking to a lot of people... 
I just thought "Alright, here you are with your comp/bestfriend how can you make her happy again?"
So I said a little prayer to have Heavenly Father help me to exercise my faith and to open my mouth and just talk to whoever walked by next. then I decided to act.... The next person (Edy) I didn´t allow to pass by and he was golden great! Elite. I guess Sister Hayes has met him in the past- because of the friends he was with last time they rejected the message even tho he showed interest. 

So we talked to Edy about the Book of Mormon and then what do ya know.... Pedro walked by and with a friend!!!!! haha so Pedro came up with his friend and started testifying of the Book of Mormon as welll and about the truthfulness of our message with us to Edy and his friend and now we have 3 new investigators! 

We were so pumped and happy after that that everyone we passed by after wanted to talk with us!!! We received 7 new people within 10 minutes!!! 

:) When we act the lord will bless us!!! We need to put our faith into action!  I promise if we show our faith in the Lord he will bless us!!!  

I love this gospel with all of my heart...... it has been like Christmas this weekend to hear the words of our dear Prophet and His apostles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment