Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 10 - The 15 lb. Workout

OLA!!!! COMO VAIS?!?!? 

Alright I just gotta say right now how much I adore each and everyone one of you!!!! I think and pray for all of you all of the time. and I´m so glad and thankful to my Heavenly Father everyday for the love and people I have in my life that are back at home and out there in the field!! :)

You are all amazing and nothing makes me happier when I hear you turning to the lord for any problems or worries!! I can promise and testify to you Heavenly Father will ALWAYS be there for you  if you go to him first for anything!!!! He is so loving and wants nothing but our happiness!!!!! 

THis week I´ve learned you can make a bad day or a frustrating day right around just by deciding to be in a good mood and turning to prayer and to our Savior!

This week I´ve been praying for how I can make our days brighter and how I can make the lives of the people in Portugal better.. Since I´ve gotten here I´ve just been trying so hard to feel and know the promptings of the spirit... thinking that if I´m quiet I will feel the spirit more... So on our walks I am usually always quiet thinking if I say something that´s not of the gospel or thinking that promptings will literallly be felt by a still small voice kinda pushing me where to go. 
but I´´ve realized that this is not the case... the Holy Ghost comes in all forms of good things. It´s smiling, Joy, happiness and all of the great things that come from this Gospel! I find myself teaching and finding a lot more people when I have a joyful spirit with me than when I don´t. 


This weeek I had a super funny experience!!! 

Me and Sister Hayes were waiting at a bus stop one day on our way to Compelide our favorite area and I saw this man with a HUGE book walk past...... Dictionary sized. He just flipped through it super fast with this nasty look on his face and just threw it on top of a trash can!!! So of course I had to go see why this man threw this monster book on top of the trash can... I picked it up and lo and behold.... it was a Bible!!!!!! Not only that but I knew for sure this was not the same Bible we use in our church...... but I couldn´t be seen throwing the Bible back away!!!!  I wouldn´t throw a Bible away back home let alone when I out on my mission!!!! and everyone was watching me!!!! Haha... I had no choice but to carry an extra 15 pounds with me for the rest of the day...... My colega was dying laughing watching me carry this book that took both of my arms to carry...   I also couldn´t give it away to anyone either... it wasn´t the right bible!

This week I got a chance to teach this part member family.... I LOVE teaching families.. especially because I get to see all of the benefits from a loving and gospel lived family back home I  have a STRONG testimony on familys and how living on gospel principals in a family brings so much love and blessings to our lives!

Sentinho and his daughter Monica are not members but his Wife is a member and we taught them this week and this SundaySentinho came to church! He loved it! Ah I´m so excited for all of them! I want them to receive all of the many blessings that having a christ centered home brings you!!!! 


I´ve been hearing a lot about doing  missionary work at home as a member.... this is nothing that makes a full time missionary more happy than seeing the memebers doing their part to help them as well! I´ve noticed that since I´ve been out here.... The more people that help build something the better and more efficient it will be right? That goes the same with missionary work. The more members do for the missionarys in the ward and gettting refferals for other missionarys the better.

Think if everyone thought of someone that they knew to bring them to the gospel and closer to Christ? You can do anything if you do it in a loving way! There is nothing better you can do for someone than bringing someone closer to their savior and to the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love receiving ALL of your E-mails hearing how you´re all doing!!! Ah I love you all so much!!!! :)

Com amor

~Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment