Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 28 - The More You Serve

Here´s some stories for this week. 

Today I´m going to a Castle with our District and a couple of other missionaries from our zone and I CANT wait!!! I love my old antiquish Lisboa, Portugal. 

I have some pics I want to send to you all of me and my comp. I love that girl so much. She´s such a great comp! 

I´ve been making a lot of changes with my missionary work and I´m lovin every second of it. Just trying more and more to be exactly obedient every day. I´ve realized that the more we are obedient to commandments and rules in our life the more fully we can feel the spirit... I know if we are as far away from sin or as close to the commandments the lord sets from us the more exact we will feel the power of the spirit in our lives. 

This last week was dia de namarados ... or translated in English Day of the Daters. ha Happy belated Love Day! I celebrated by making some gool ol american pancakes...because I love my country. Merica´! and learned more about how true love is actually charity.  I´ve learned this on the mission. The more you serve someone and put your heart into it, is when you can feel true love. The true love of Christ- Charity. I´ve learned this little trick out here... if I´m bugged by someone, serve them. It works everytime. 

I also want all of you to know how much I love all of you and how excited I am to serve you all when I get home!!! :) 

This week a wonderful thing happened... me and sister call were sitting on the bus talking to some jovens, teenagers. and we started talking about the gospel and they all gave us a little rejection BUT then we sat down and what do ya know the other joven I sat next to goes "You are missionaries" "Can I talk to you guys" You sure can!!!! ha it boosted my desire to talk to EVERYone about this gospel times 10 and made me realize how much of an example of a disciple I need to be. You never know who´s listening or is watching. 

We have a week full of new people we are anxiously excited to get to know and to help them come closer to our savior. 

We also have been trying with all our might to bring our less-active members back to the light.. I want to share one little experience that we had yesterday with a lady named Isabell. Yesterday she was giving us all these reasons why she couldn´t go to church and why she doesn´t read her scriptures... We cannot live in a celestial glory with our Father in heaven or families without first living a celestial life. 
That means obeying all of Gods commandments. If we can´t obey commandments that God´s sets than we are not ready to take upon us the other promises or celestial covenants that we make in the temple of God. God doesn´t look upon sin with the least bit of allowance. He will not be mocked. 
I challenge all of us to go over the commandments of God and strive to follow them in detail as well as our baptismal covenants we have made and our temple covenants and strive to magnify and continue in every moment to remember who we are as disciple of our savior and be exactly obedient towards these promises we have made. Whether we made this promise before earth... to always obey his commandments or when it was the day we decided to be baptised and to take the name of the savior upon us and always remember him. and then the sacrad covenants we have made in the temple to want to live with our father in Heaven in a celestial glory. 

I love all of you!!!! You´re in my thoughts ALWAYS

With all of my love. 

Sister Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment