Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 27 - Oh Happy Day!

Best day happened yesterday wanna know why? ~

Maria and Cintia were Baptized yesterday!!!! Remember the Braziladas I have been talking about this WHOLE time ever since I´ve been here? My little home away from home? 
welp.. they entered into the waters of baptism this week and took them upon themselves the name of the Savior! Hoorah for Israel!!!! 

I have watched them progress so much from when I first met them.... Cintia quit smoking and Maria grew her testimony to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one church on this earth that has the priesthood and all of the keys restored in these latter-days. 

I´ve been learning a lot this week about how to be meek and lowly of heart. I´m understanding now more about the great and spacious build where people with pride reside. Here on the mission or actually at any point in life for that matter, it´s really hard to be told that you´re doing something wrong or you need to improve.. everyone likes to feel like they´re right and feel like they do it the right way! This is something called pride.... I´m learning how sinful pride is and that we all need to be more meek and lowly of heart. Meekness is a quality of those who are Godfearing, righteous, humble, teachable, and patient under suffering. Those who are meek are exmplifying that they are willing to follow our savior. I want to be teachable and submissive to all those who want to help me be the best person I can be. I know that if I do I will learn so much more than if I were to be stubborn and not wanting to hear what I wanted to hear. 

We are working so hard and I want to work even harder! I can´t believe I´ve already been on the mission for 6 months already! The time went by so fast! I feels like I was just at the MTC! 

I love all of you so much sorry I didn´t write a ton this week but I will write some adventures next week! thank you for all of your examples and all that you do!!

Com todo da minha coração,

Sister Baird 

No comments:

Post a Comment