Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 26 - Breakdancin' Bishop

Life in a Day of a Sister Baird..

Sis Call is my herooo. She is a pro at this language. She has a gift like no other... 
and helps me more than anything! 

Some milagres este semana.... Some miracles this week.... 

Marking dates to our whole world for baptism! We are working with 5 people right now towards baptism pretty please, please pray for them! Adeleade, Domingos, Patricia, Cintia, and Maria!! 

We had Stake Conference this week and our Recent Convert Sousa came with us and sat by me during the conference... Elder Ballard starts talking about the importance of Tithing and how it brings blessings.. and Sousa leans over to me and goes "So say if I had 421.00 Euros that would be 43$ right??" ...  :):) I am so happy to see our dear investigators who are now members keeping their covenants with Heavenly Father. Nothin in tha whole world makes me happier! 

I met the most amazing people from Cabo Verde this week... Eliza and her son Elisandro. Elisandro is 14 here for treatment and is such a stud. He is so eager to learn and is a reallllly good kid. I´m always wanting to go over to their house and teach Eliza and Elisandro more because they are so stinkin funny and the greatest! :) Eliza is this beautiful Cabo Verdian and she calls me Barbie... 
ha funny thing is almost half of the Cabo Verdians I´ve met call me Bodeka... or Barbie. haha I can´t wait to work with this cute family more. Please pray for Elisandro too that he´ll get positive results back from the Doctors so that they can go back to their home in Cabo Verde! .. they have 4 more kids of their family waiting for them back in C.Verde.

This week was the week of Aguida and Irmao Ca´s wedding.... They are both from Africa...  Irmao Ca was a legend out here in Portugal... he used to serve a mission here in Portugal so there was a bunch of people from the mission at their wedding... haha and I can´t even start about the wedding.. alll I can say is oh how these Africans know how to throw a wedding! and have thee best time! haha after the ceremony and everything we had dancing and food and they start putting on the first song and it was "I Believe I can Fly" from Space Jam our elders from our district LOVE basketball and used to play in highschool and their favorite movie is Space Jam so alllll I hear is our dear elders just busting out in song to it... doing the black chorus, waving their arms and harmonizing together to it ha and closing their eyes with their fists all closed up close to their faces hahaha It was thee funniest thing. I´ll have to put up a video

during the whole wedding I had these two little cabo verdian girls I had no Idea who they were followed me around the whole time!!! haha I loveed it! I would go get food or sit down or get something to drink and would turn around and there they would be right by my side! 
 
and then after this all the Africans startin busting a move to the dance called the ZOMBA!... I realize I have no talent after watching a WHOLE room knowing how to do this zomba dance. 
and thennnn haha they start making a circle for everyone to show off their dancing and the Bishop starts goin! and hits the floor doin breakdancing moves!!!!!! 
doin the running man on the floor.... haha I have never laughed or seen anything more funny then watching a Bishop hit the ground and start doin breakdance moves! best day! 

1 other.... my Zone Leaders/ District Elders are thee Greatest! and maybe the funniest kids I´ve Ever met.... ha they have turned into my older brothers out here and I have a FOR SURE invite to their weddings if they´re not already married by the time I come home.... 


I hope you all  have the most wonderful week!!! know I pray for you all everynight. By name! 


Love- Sister Bairgy

No comments:

Post a Comment