Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 25 - Some Thoughts on Trials

To all of you gorgeous friends and family, 
I first want to tell all of you how grateful I am for you..... I get tears in my eyes every time I come on here and get all of your E-mails because I love you all so much. and how grateful for Heavenly Father for being so good to me and making me so happy with All of you in my life. 

Thank you so much for all of your E-mails and examples :) I am one lucky girl. 

 I got to go down to our mission office recently and get my residency card.. I am a officially a Portuguese girl now! 

This week I´ve been thinking about people and why they blame God for the trials that they face in life. A lady that we came across has gone through so many difficulties and trials in her life and when we contacted her she told us that she doesn´t want to believe in God because he has caused her so much pain.
 I thought about this... and thought of a talk by Elder Terence M. Vinson and that every time I think of a trial or difficulty in my life I always think of what growth and understanding it has brought my in the result of a trial. 
and that without the relationship and without faith we have of Heavenly Father it would be nearly impossible to get through hard times in our lives. 
Trials draw you closer to Heavenly Father and His son by refining us...  
He could simply stop something dangerous and threatening from happening to us but he chooses to warn us instead by giving commandments or sending promptings of a still small voice.. 
Why do you think he does that??
The Lord wants us to develop faith that will help us rely on Him in solving our problems and trust in Him. Than we can feel His love more powerfully, personally and clearly. We can become united with Him and can become more like Him. 

I remember a moment in my life and the same story I shared at my farewell of me on a wintery stormy night on my way to Sammy´s house... I slid on black ice doing 360´s all the way across the freeway.. I remembered the Lord.
All I could think of to do or say was to call upon Heavenly Father.. saying "Heavenly Father please help me!"  and instantly my car slid in the right direction and stopped perfectly on the side of the freeway without hitting any concrete barriers or other cars... after my car had turned off and I sat there in shock realizing I had come out of that incident perfectly unharmed,
 I cried like a little child. 
It was the sweetest feeling to know he was there waiting for me to call upon him. 

Our Savior wants us to literally love Him to the point that we align our will with His. We can then feel His love and know His glory. Then he can bless us as He wants to. :) 

Align your will with His. You will be full of joy and happier than you can imagine. I know because I have witnessed. and have taken apart of this sweet joy of the gospel! I have the opportunity to witness this in the lives everyday of the people here in Portugal. It is such a blessing and a testimony. 

I love all of you with all of my heartt!! 

Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment