Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 24 - Hello Goodbye

Olá ! 

Sooo today is the day of Transfers and I just received a new colega! 
Her name is Sister Call and she is from Logan, Ut. 19.  She went to BYU and has been here for one more transfer than I have! She is very sweet and is amazing when it comes to this Portuguese language so I´m going to take advantage of all the time I have with her and soak up all of her language knowledge she has! 
I´m super excited for this transfer we´re going to put ourselves to a lot of work! 

On the other hand... I lost Sister HAyes to Porto . I´m going to miss her! I spent 4 months with that beautiful woman and I know she will do miracles up North. She´s serving with a powerful missionary named Sister Prieto who has a dad as a mission president and I know that is just going to prep Sister Hayes to becoming an even greater leader in this mission. 

This week has been wonderful. We´ve been teaching this woman named Patricia who is 30 and has so much faith. She been progressing a lot and used to have been having problems with the Word of Wisdom but since she´s been meeting with us she has shown her faith and has stopped.. but she has a problem with complying with the Law of Chastity. 
She thinks it should be okay for someone to be living together before your married to see how they live and how they are as a person. 
We told her that God knows everything and also knows what truly brings us happiness in this life. 
and that he has rules same as a mom has rules for her child, so that we don´t get hurt. 
She told us that she wants to put forth her faith more and but her willingness more towards Heavenly Father and that she will try harder... please pray for her! 

Another we helped a member, Aguida  who I´m really close with and Sister Hayes is really close with pick out a wedding dress. She doesn´t have very many girlfriends so me and sister Hayes went and helped her pick out this beautiful wedding dress that she will wear on Febuary 3rd and she is getting sealed in the Spain, Madrid Temple!!!
I´m really excited for her she is going to be a goregous bride!

The weeks have went by so fast with Sister Hayes I can´t believe I´m coming up on my 6 month mark here pretty soon! Time goes by so fast when you´re serving a mission! It feels like just a month ago I was at the good ol´Disneyland MTC.. 

This whole past week me and sister Hayes have been having a problem with not having enough time in the day.. we  kept saying how we just need 4 more hours to work than it would be perfect!
We even tried on Saturday to do some divisions with the youth in our ward and it didn´t work out the way we wanted to but we got 1 named Luana who´s 14 to come with us and just help us out throughout the day!  She was amazing! I cannot believe how much youth are becoming more and more prepared to share this gospel. I want to just take her everywhere I go with me because she kept sharing strong testimony after strong testimony with our investigators and every time touched each of them. 

I love my family and my friends more than anything in this world and always think and talk about all of you :) 

Com todo da minha coração, 
Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment