Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 37 - Book of Mormon to the Rescue

Fam :) 

Love my familia! 

Braga!!!! I love my Braga... 
It´s soo full of light! Every person here is really open to talking to us too which is a plus side. 
I can´t believe I get to talk to you all soo sooon!! eeeek!!! 

Things going on in my neck of the woods as the USA weather man would say are going pretty great! 
We have a couple of people that are progressing right now that I´m pretty stoked about! 
1 is a cute jovem... teenager and she is the niece of our recent convert Marta. She has heard from the sisters before but didn´t really want a lot to do with church. When I got to Braga I just loved her so stinkin much and she´s warmed up to us a little bit more now and wants to take lessons from us again and  she calls me her sister!

Our next one is Antonio. Antonio is great! and calls us for everything. He always tells us when he´s reading or if he has been doing his commitments we´ve asked him to do! He is great. Pray for his wife tho.. she´s in the hospital and she needs some prayers and he also wants his wife back. 

We had the Stake come and visit our ward this Sunday and our ward was HUGE this last Sunday. Big for Portugal we had about 100 people at church this Sunday! so we took a picture and then after our stake president complimented our ward during our Ward Counsel Meeting (Aka Jedi Council) that is held for all the leaders and the missionaries of the ward after church. He told the ward leaders and us that he was really impressed and that he can see the huge potential this ward holds. Which is very true! This area is elect and I´m so blessed to be here right now with my comp. 

Funnnny story of the week. We always have these beijinho stories. 
Here when you say goodbye or say hello to anyone you give one kiss on their right cheek and then another one on their left. 
I was SUPER awkward at this when I first got here but now it´s just normal. 
Anyway the sisters are not allowed to give beijinhos to men but a lot of the time when we contact a man they always go in to give us beijinhos which always follows a awkward leaning back of the head so that they miss our face and saying OHHH Não podemos!! that means "we can´t!!" 
so the other day sister Miley was saying goodbye to this man we just had met on the street and he leaned in to give her a beijinho and sister Miley did the awkward whole bend your back and lean your head back so they´ll miss your head thing BUT he continued following her head... so Sister Miley just yelled out a tiny little No and pulls up her Book of Mormon that she had in her hand and wacked him off. hahaha anywayyyy my favorite story of the week. 

LOVE you all so verryy much!

 I was reading Daniel 3 this morning and I want all of you to read it and to be thinking to yourself if there´s anything in the world that you are putting before God right now.. (Money, Jobs, etc...) and what were the blessings that the 3 men recieved by not allowing others to change their standards and what can we do so that we cannot be moved in a time of temptation? Also who was with them while they were amidst the flames in vs. 19. (Who will be there with us in the fire while we are facing a trial?)

love you all!! :) 

Irmã Baird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment