Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 36 - Easter in Braga

Ohana!!!

Hello! Happy EASTER(pascoa)! :) woot!

This week was Easter and was too good!!! Alright I live in the Cotholic capital of Portugal.. and Braga goes all out for Easter!

Yesterday there were cannons going off everywhere. ... bells ringing in every cathedral, a commemoration of Christ... During all of last week there were little parades and every day they would tell a different part of Christs life leading up to His crucifixtion.
Big purple Lights on this old Catholic Cathedral.
It´s a big thing in Europe I guess and it´s called “Holy week” here in Braga. There were 10,000 people in our central town square on Saturdaynight which isn´t really that capable of holding that many people.
You were all squished together and the only people that could see were those little girls and boys with their daddys with them to hop on top of their shoulders.
One interesting thing about their Easter is that they have a ton of men, about 30 or so, in all black with a black bag over there heads with two little eye holes carrying a pole with a box at the end of it.... I have no idea what this significance of them are but they did pass me and Sister Miley trying to speak english and shouting at sister Miley calling her pretty.

Me and my new Comp:
She´s been here a year already on the mission and I have been here for almost 9 months so, ..as seasoned missionaries we have been working our lil tail bones off! Talking to every person in site. We wanted this Easter to be special and wanted as many people as we could to come to church for Easter Sunday so, we made homemade easter egg pass along cards! We spent a good hour of our prep time to make those guys! And they paid off in a way unexpected. Not so many people made it to our Sacrament meeting even after the many cards we handed out but what did happen is that an elect man came to sacrament. He brought his little Bible with him and was looking up every scripture that the speaker would say. Afterwards he said that he really likes church and he´s excited for our next visit.
Another fun lil adventure.... because of all the thousands of tourists we ran into a lost latvian couple! It made me think of Ruta... and I just got so excited because they had her cute Latvian accent and the girl reminded me of her :) We walked with them to their bus stop all along the way telling the story of the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints and telling them to check it out when they get home and then running really quick back to our next appointment waiting for us!
I feel like I am a scultpure or something... há I am the “Loira com olhos azueis” which means the blonde with blue eyes. Since there´s noone here with blonde hair people just stare at you.. sometimes I feel like I am some weird creature that noone has ever seen before.
Alsooo.. Allergies here in Braga are taking over my LIFE. there are liquids coming out of every crevice of my head. I´m sneazing, my eyes water my nose is always runny! Springtime allergies have taken over my world and I sound like I´m plugging my nose to everyone I talk to. (Don´t worry tho mom! I bought the good allergy Portuguese med. and it´s been working pretty good) 

I hope you all had an amazing Easter!!! here´s a little video I want you all to watch on our Savior . :) /http://easter.mormon.org/ 

LOVE YOU ALL 

Me and sister Miley found these gems in the clothes sisters have left behind drawer and found a moo moo and this onsey squirrel footy pajamas


No comments:

Post a Comment