Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 39 - Allergies and the Bishop's Dentures

Famma ramma e Amigos! 

Hey cutie patooties. 
So this week was so wonderful! Marvilha! 
I´m soo stinkin grateful for the opportunity I had to talk with all y´all! man there is NOTHING that means more to me than hearing your beautiful voices! and speaking a lil´ pohrtaghesh. 

Story time this week cuz I haven´t written in a while.. (desculpa!)

I think this week started out with having dinner at our bishops house and towards the end bishop was trying to get something out of his tooth and all a sudden we heard a little click and a plop on the ground.. and our bishop just starts laughing a little bit. His daughter Felicia was sitting right across from me and Bishop goes "Felicia will you look in front of you under table and grab whats under there...." so she goes under the table and just busts up laughing and it was his tooth!! haha he lost one of his denture teeth trying to get food out of his teeth!! It wa awesome...  

This past month we´ve been having a lot more youth activities... I didn´t know this until the other day but Braga has the most youth and young adults than all of Portugal! It´s so fun getting so many youth investifators.. We´ve been finding so many open hearted youth here that really have a desire to find the truth! We have this fountain in the middle of there center here and I call it the fountain of youth because thats where everyone gets together to talk so it´s always a good place to go contacting!!  

Tomorrow we are having a Tour da missão and one of the elders from the 70 are coming to talk to us! I´m excited to get some more spiritual enlightenment and get some answers that I´ve been searching for with missionary work.  

We also get to stay with the sisters in Maia for a night. One of the sisters in Maia is Sister Prieto and she is one of my favorite people! She´s from Brazil and her dad is a mission president and also she will be going to Utah after the mission to do school at BYU. 

It is SNOWING here in Braga... there are little cotton balls everywhere! and all of them carry pollen.... I will die from Allergies here.. ha me and sister Miley have already tried 4 different kinds of Allergy medicine and all of em just don´t seem to cut it.! 

This past weekend Irmão James, Aka André AKA Andrew- one of my teachers from the MTC came back to visit Portugal so I got to see him this last weekend!!! It was so sweet to be able to have a conversation with him again in Portuguese where before in the MTC I could barely make out a sentence! 

Natalia is getting baptised this weekend on Sunday!!! Please all of you keep praying for her so that she may able to be all prepared for the 25th of May! I´m so proud of her!!!! 

Another person I hope that you can all pray for is Amelia... Our recent convert... she went to a funeral the other day this past week and going to the catholic church just brought back all of her past beliefs and everything.. she´s just having a hard time and lots of doubts all of a sudden! We are trying to help her remember her testimony. We will be seeing her this Wednesday to see what happened. Please pray for our sweet Amelia. 


Alright have an amazing week!!!! You don´t know how much it means to me that all of you are in my life!!!! :) I´m so grateful for the blessing and miracles I get to see everyday because of this gospel! 
Those tender little mercies of this week: Mothers day and Pday(today) where I get to hear from my loved ones or this week :)
Or when I got a big hug after a lesson from Natalia after a spiritual lesson because of the spirit that she felt.  Or  the little tears of happiness that we saw from Andreia because of asking Heavenly Father to bless her family in feverent prayer. 

I love this gospel and the hope and light it brings to everyones life. The feeling of being a literal tool for Heavenly Father is more than I could ever ask. I´m so grateful for him and I can bare testimony of the love he has for every single one of his children. I feel it everyday for you all and it has brought me to tears of happiness so many times! 

You are all amazing! 

Com Amor, Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment