Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 2 - Sister Baird...the elderly!

Oi! Como Vais? 

Soo I found out that Friday is my Pday instead of Monday!!!! GAH I can't believe it. I felt so bad for telling you and everyone that it was on Monday I had no idea!

I also have been trying to be as obedient as I can!! Living obedient brings blessings but living with exact obedience brings miracles and I truly believe that!!! Elder Holland said that I believe..
Richard G. Scott came Tuesday and It is such an amazing experience. He talked about prayer and gave us an apostolic blessing for the Gift of Tongues!!!!! how sweet is that?!!? Our Branch President Brother Goodman said he has only seen an apostle give an apostolic blessing like that 3 other times..  I've never felt the spirit more strongly than when he was there! When he left the Arena my heart broke a little bit. I kind of compare it to when Jesus visits in 3rd Nephi and everyone tarrys with him not to leave... that is how I felt!!!! It hurt to have an apostles' spirit leave the room! I can testify they have the lords spirit with them at all times. I want an apostle to visit every week! 

I'm trying to take more pictures so I can show you and the rest of the family and friends who my companion is and my cute pictures of my family on my desk look like! My companion is sooo Great! She is like my soul companion. I lover her! Her name is sister Gutzwiller, She is from Kaysville, Ut and was a UVU ambassador.  All of her strengths are my weaknesses and vice versa. Besides the gym... She ran cross country for UVU so me and her both love working out which works out great for me :) 

I'm one of the older ones out here... A LOT of elders are straight out of high school and same with the sisters. but then there are random elders who are 23 and 24. and one sister who is a couple months older than me... my district is AMAZING! Seriously they are my home away from home and we are all so much fun and love laughing all of the time! they are all turning into my best friends! I'll tell you there names which I am sure doesn't matter too much but I will give you a face to the names sooner or later! There is Elders, Crooks, Richards, Hollingsworth, Quezada, Sefita, Esada, Jarvis, Caplin, Landgren, Rivera, and then the sisters who are my roomates too :) Sister Bos and Sister Hirschi and then of course sister Gutz!!

Well I can't tell you enough how blessed I am... I'm out here serving our savior!!! Can you believe that?! I GET to serve him. I am such a lucky girl :)

 I got my first investigator this week... It went... ok.... hahaha I am struggling with the language a little bit but I'm getting better and better and our next investigator we're going in without notes!! GAH I'm so excited and nervous. I can do it. Richard G. Scott an apostle of our lord says so. :) As long as I put in MY end of the work and work as hard as I am able to. The lord will give me the rest. :) goodness I love this gospel SO much! 

Thank you so much for all of the encouragment!! :) I will always love getting packages and anything from you!!! I couldn't be any happier than I am right now! I am a representative of the church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints!!  

CHOW! ~ Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment