Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 3 - A Cardio Cinema...?!?

Sister Baird is continuing to do excellent. She notes she wakes up at 05:20 which is pretty amazing seeing this was her general bed time over the last several years!  :)   She continues to be an example to others and the letters she writes home are filled with excitement!! We are so proud of her...and yeah...where was the cardio cinema when I went through the MTC?!?!?! Sounds like a lot has changed, we love you Sister Baird:


My mission address by the way is....

Sister Hannah Baird 
Unit #51 LIS-POR
2005 North 900 East
Provo, UT 84604

Here's what went on this week..... 

So we get investigators who are actors but act JUST like an investigator would act like. Most of the time it's returned missionaries who act like the investigators who they taught on their missions. 
I received two new investigators.. there names are Jazilio and Gabi! Gabi has been practicing Cathloism her whole life and wants to know more about our message. 

Jazilio has believed in Allah and Muhammed his whole life but was never really actively strong in the Church. 

I'm excited to be teaching both of them.. When I go into my lessons in my mind I always think I'm going to fail terribly because I don't know very much Portuguese still but then when we get in there I suddenly will remember so many words,notes and doctrine in Portuguese!  The gift of tongues is real my friends!!!

I've been getting asked what I do everyday.... let me tell you my schedule because I have every minute of the day planned to where I'm doing something or I have to be somewhere. 

I wake up.. sometimes around 5:20 to study or work out with my companion. -I know we sound crazy but I love the time I get alone while I study and she works out by me so I can converse and say my prayers out loud to our Heavenly Father and I feel like there a little bit more powerful and I love the time I get to read my scriptures before I start the day. I can promise anyone that if you will study with intent and read you scriptures every morning, you will have the words of the lord with you throughout the day! It is such a blessing when you're having a bad day and you can reconcile the words of the lord from that morning!!!! 

After that we go to breakfast in the good ol MTC cafeteria. 

Then to Class, lunch and then to Gym... which is sand volley-ball or we go to this place called cardio cinema. We hook up sister Bos's Speaker to our mountain climber machines and watch the Joseph Smith Movie! It gets a grammy award in my eyes. Every time something good happens to Joseph I always cheer and go that much faster and better on my machine and whenever something bad happens to him, like him getting tarred and feathered or being imprisoned in all of the jails it makes me motivated to work harder for our prophet for all of the wrong and terrible things he had to go through! 

After Gym we go to dinner and then more class and teach our investigators!! Then personal study, sometimes a devotional or meetings with our branch presidency and then off to bed for the night! 
Quiet time is at 10:15 and heads on our pillows at 10:30

Then start all over again the next day! I try to find any time I can to write everyone and let you all know how much I think about you and love you all so much!!! 

I wish I could write a longer E-mail but my time is getting cut short today!!! 

xoxoxoxo ~Sister Baird

D&C 82:10

No comments:

Post a Comment