Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 12 - Transfers...

Como vais?! Familia e amigos?? 

Esta semina nos tivamos transferencias!!!! 

Minha anniversario foi fixe!!! bui! My birthday was super sweet!! 
We went to Maria e Cintia´s house... or the soulza familia that we´ve been teaching ever since I´ve gotten here and it was thee best!!!! 
Ah we got there and invited our zone leaders to come with because they are our best friends and Maria and Cintia blew up balloons and made all of this Brazilian food!!! 
They are the greatest!! ha Sister Hayes and I brought a cake and they lit these sparklers that they put on the cake and it was great! 
haha I have pictures and videos but I didn´t bring my camera cord so I´ll try and bring it for next time!! 

Alright and I just have to say Public Transportation is the most genius thing anyone has ever come up with. Where has this been all my life?!?! haha it would save me from all of the times I don´t feel like driving back at home... We take a bus or metro to go everywhere!!!  

This week we had transfers!!! 
The whole week we we´re trying to think of who would be leaving and staying and we came to the conclusion the we thought I would be staying in Lisboa and Elder Ryan who is our Zone leader would be staying too... 
Me and Elder Ryan have been in our area in Lapa the least and Sister Hayes and Elder De Pina our other Zone Leader have been here for 3 months or more

.....and then we got the call last night and Me and Sister Hayes are staying together and Elder De Pina is staying as well and Elder Ryan is leaving!!! 
Ah I was a little sad. He´s the best zone leader! 
Anytime me or sister Hayes had a question or we needed help with something he would always be there to help us and he has helped my language a ton this transfer!!! But other areas need him too! 

So I´m staying with Sister Hayes for another 6 weeks!!! Woot woot!!!! 
I get an american to do all of the great Holidays that make americans chubby...
 Halloween and Thanksgiving!! 
No wonder these Portuguese people are so skinny.

I also had my first talk in Sacrament this week... In Portuguese
I did a Jejum... (Fast) (Cam)  for it because I was so scared!!
My testimony on Fasting is so strong.... 
 it truly helps you become more spiritually in tune. and my talk ended up great! :) 

This week we got turned down 
a lot.... 
and we don´t know why. 
but knowing that I´m standing with me Savior always makes me happy. 
Just as in the Garden of Gethesamane our Savior did not shrink from drinking the bitter cup and he endured to the end I know each of us can too.
 He will always be there knowing what we´re going through. 

Alright I love all of you!! 

Have a GREAT week this week. 


Com amor-

Sister Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment