Hannah Missionary Photo

Hannah Missionary Photo

Week 13 - sister bahd, bad, barr, birdy, bardehh, behd, bud, baehhd... is it really that hard???

HEllo Minha Mae e amigos!!!! 

Bom Semina!!!!! 

Ola Como vais minha familia?!

This week wasss too great!!! 

Então, This week was the week transfers were going on and since our apartment is HUGE we got 2 more sisters staying with us!!!! 
That means we went on divisions this week!! 
So instead of serving with Sister Hayes I served with sister Brooks and she is such an example!!
With both of us duplas (companionships) doing the work and visiting the people me and sister Hayes had we got A lot of work done!! 
Me and Sister Brooks found a ton of new people! 

This week a miracle happened as usuall.... haha Alright I stopped this man named Amahdo this week... He´s from New Guinea and I stopped and got to know him and then asked him if he believed in God... He said there´s no way he´s there.  Every member in his family has been taken away from him. He is the only one left and had noone :( It was so sad. 
 So we shared with him the plan of Salvation and received his address from him and went on our way to our bus! 
Later that night we ran into him again and he said he read the whole pamphlet and loved it and wanted to learn more so we told him we were going to stop by another time that week. 

We stopped by this last Friday and.... he was drunk as a skunk. 

We tried so hard to teach him a lesson and between him playing Hide and seek behind the pamphlets and not understanding a thing we were saying in our broken American Portuguese we decided we needed to leave within the first 5 minutes. Even tho we knew he probable wouldn´t remember we invited him to church and he promised he would. He said he wouldn´t miss it. 

So we get to church waiting on the steps for all of our investigators to show up (we were expecting 7 and only 2 showed up) and guess who comes walking down the street! 

Amahdo!!! It´s a miracle!! Goes to show you never know... never judge a book by it´s cover. or in our case a drunk person. 

My personal growth is ever increasing... I´m understanding what it takes to be a good missionary. HARD WORK. All I want is to be the missionary the Lord wants me to be. 
Something I´ve also learned this week is knowledge and Faith and how they both go hand in hand. The more my knowledge and nourshment I get from reading the scriptures everyday and from going to church the more my faith grows. Just like in Alma 32. Your faith can grow into a tree of life.. the seed we plant at first needs the nourishment in order to get there first. you need to give it Sol (sun) and agua (water) everyday  or in other words reading your scriptures and praying to help your faith grow.

I just want everyone to know how much I LOVE all of the e-mails I receive. they mean so much to me. 

I have also been getting asked what my address is... 

It is 


Sister Baird
Portugal Lisbon Mission
Apartado 40054
1500 Lisbon
Portugal


LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! 

Love...... sister bahd, bad, barr, birdy, bardehh, behd, bud, baehhd.... Baird...... is it really that hard??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment